Channahon Fire Protection District to Host Open House
This year's event will benefit Channahon Wish.
As a culmination of fire prevention week, Channahon Fire Protection District is hosting an open house from noon to 3 p.m., Saturday. This year, though, the district is giving back to another local organization. The district is encouraging attendees to bring supplies to help support Channahon Wish.
The suggested donations include:
- Toothpaste (adult/kids)
- Household Cleaners (409, Windex, any
- multi-use, bathroom) No bleach, please.
- Shampoo/Conditioner (adult/kids)
- Toilet Paper
- Dish Soap
- Hand Soap
- Laundry Detergent/Fabric Softener
The first 50 families who bring one of the items gets a free gift from the district.
The three-hour event also includes scheduled demonstrations by:
- LifeStar Helicopter
- Side-by-Side Sprinkler Demo Extrication Demo
- Fire Safety House
- TRT Rescue Demo
- Various Safety and Emergency Displays Kids Combat Challenge
- Flame Game
The event will be held at fire station #1, 24929 S. Center St.in Channahon.
Get news where you live. Sign up for the Channahon-Minooka newsletter.