UPDATE: House Explodes in Morris Tuesday Morning
The explosion and fire were thought to be caused by natural gas.
A house in the 5800 block of Barrington Road exploded Tuesday morning. The Morris Fire District Chief remained on the scene Tuesday afternoon.
The Morris Daily Herald is reporting that the fire caused $1 million in damages. The fire was caused by an explosion, which reportedly occurred around 3 a.m., Tuesday.
"Neighbors confirm they heard a large explosion," Morris Fire Chief Tracey Steffes said in the Morris Daily Herald story. "One neighbor to the east thought there was an earthquake because the house shook."
The home was unoccupied at the time of the fire.
Barrington Road is near the Morris Country Club.
You can read the full Morris Daily Herald story by clicking here.
Patch will update this story as more information becomes available.