The Shorewood Lions Club announced the January Students of the Month.
The students from Troy 30C W.B. Orenic Intermediate, Troy Middle School and were selected on the basis of consistent effort, productive citizenship, positive attitude, and participation in class or advisory team.
The students were honored and received their awards during the Troy 30 C School Board meeting on Feb. 15
The following students were selected:
- William B. Orenic Intermediate School sixth-grader Alex Lopez, son of Ramon and Maria Lopez.
- William B. Orenic Intermediate School sixth-grader Eileen Carney, daughter of Tom and Anne Carney.
- William B. Orenic Intermediate School sixth-grader Cheyenne Angus, daughter of Michael and Lisa Angus.
- William B. Orenic Intermediate School sixth-grader Dakota Wascom, daughter of Kristen Konrath.
- Troy Middle School seventh-grader Rio Strama, son of David and Phyllis Strama.
- Troy Middle School seventh-grader Kathleen Holt, daughter of Jennifer Holt.
- Troy Middle School eighth-grader Annamarie Rogalski, daughter of Kenneth and Susan Rogalski.
- Troy Middle School eighth-grader Desmond McDonald, son of Sharon Powell.
- Troy Middle School eighth-grader Alexis Zaide, daughter of Victoria Moffett and Romy Zaide.
- ACA/AMA Rebecca Jurasits, daughter of Niccole and Timothy Rathnau and Paul Jurasits.
- ACA/AMA Jana Gautschy Daughter of Angela and Robert Poland and Trent Gautschy.
In addition to certificates from both sponsors, the students received awards from the following merchants Sony’s Delite, Babe's Hot Dogs, McDonalds, Pizza for U, Chili's, Cemeno’s Pizza and Buffalo Wild Wings.
In addition to the Student of The Month program, the Shorewood Lions Club helps any needy person in Troy Township who has a sight or hearing problem get glasses, hearing aids and other related equiptment including seeing eye dogs. They will also help any sight or hearing impaired children sign up for Camp Lions in the summer.
For more information, contact Jim McDonald at 815-725-0473 or Dimac13@comcast.net.