The slipper will fall off one of the Cinderella stories here.
Joliet Catholic Academy and Tinley Park qualified for the Class 5A football playoffs after posting 5-4 records during the regular season. The two scored first-round victories despite being dealt double-digit seeds under the IHSA's formula for drawing up the postseason pairings.
And, now, here they are ready to square off in Round 2—a 13-seed (Tinley Park) vs. a 12-seed (Joliet Catholc Academy). One will move on. The other will go home. Kickoff is at 1 p.m. Saturday at Joliet's Memorial Stadium.
JCA called on a powerful running game headed by Ty Isaac, Tyler Reitz and Michael Ivolow and staunch defense to overpower Elmwood Park 58-0. Tinley Park defeated Westinghouse 27-23, scoring the winning points on a 4-yard touchdown run by quarterback Christian Plumber in the fourth quarter.
Both teams are 6-4. Both want to be standing when the clock strikes midnight and the pairings are set for Round 3.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Police Blotter: DUI, Outstanding Warrant Arrests
- Woman Robbed and Burglarized; County Seeking Help Finding Suspect
- Police Blotter: Driving While License Revoked, Other Traffic Violations
- Police Blotter: Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Domestic Battery
- Girls Find Scavenger Hunt Surprise at Louis Joliet Mall: Daddy!