- Look for meat with a large amount of marbling. This will add flavor to the meat as it is cooking.
- Make sure your grill is hot before you put the meat on it. This alone can mean the difference between success and failure.
- Season your meat on both sides. Even if that seasoning is only salt and pepper that step makes all the difference in the world.
- Want a medium-rare steak? This is one of the most common orders and the chefs say that a medium-rare is cooked for five minutes per side.
- Let the meat sit for 15 minutes after you take it off the grill. This allows the steak to settle.