Editor's note: was ranked as Channahon's and Minooka's favorite local gym, as of the time rankings closed at noon Friday. Please continue to support your local favorites by writing reviews in our Places directory.
It's getting warmer out - well on some days anyway - so for some of you, working out is taking place outside. For the brave polar bears of the group, like those hard-core runners who started the season at the Frosty 5 Mile, the cold is no deterrant to working out.
But some of us like our fitness in a controlled climate. And we at Patch want to know - where is your favorite place to work out in town?
- I'm a polar bear and I am always on the and tracks in town.
- : With a suspended walking track, open gym hours, fitness classes and machines, this Channahon Park District facility is an obvious choice for some.
- in Channahon: The big plus about belonging to a Cardinal Fitness is that you get to work out at any Cardinal Fitness. The gym has strength training, cardio, personal trainers and even a tanning area.
- in Minooka: Peak Fitness toats itself as a premiere health club. They have all the standard fitness classes and machines, but also boast a smoothie bar and free kids care.
- : Preferring to be in the big outdoors with the wind at your back while you swing a club and drive a ball might the preference for some of you. Also, there is a right on the property.
Finally, for some of you, working out may be more of a calling for a particular hobby than just simply a way to get fit. For you, we have the following options.
- : Located in downtown Minooka, in a historical building, this facility is a natural fit for many of the locals.
- : Pam's is often seen at local festivals, showing off the talents of its students.
- Rich Fitness is an upper-level strength gym with limited membership.
Please vote in our poll. Voting will close at 9 a.m. Friday and we will post the results Friday afternoon.
Because this poll is not scientific, it is not the sole consideration in choosing a winner. The winner will be determined by the Patch editor, based on poll results and reviews on Patch Places. Please vote only once per survey, per Patch.”