.

No Injuries; Minimal Damage in Channahon Fire

House in Hunters Crossing subdivision suffers minimal damage in fire over the weekend.

believe it was an outdoor mulch fire that spread that caused a fire in a home on Red Oak Drive in Saturday.

At 2:10 a.m. Saturday, the Minooka Fire Protection District responded to a reported structure fire in the 25700 block of S. Red Oak Road in Channahon. The home is in the village of Channahon, but is served by the Minooka Fire Protection District.

Arriving crews found smoke in the basement. Initial investigation revealed that the fire was in the floor joist area of the residence. 

"It was discovered that there had been a smoldering mulch fire outside of the residence and the mulch fire burned a portion of the residence foundation wood which burned through and burned a floor joist, causing the fire in the basement," Minooka Fire Protection District Chief Al Yancy said in a written release. 

Damage was limited to the immediate area around the floor joist. There were no injuries and residents were allowed to reoccupy the home.    

and assisted in fighting the fire.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something