Name: Joe Cook
Position Sought: Channahon village president
Campaign contact information:
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Citizens-For-Mayor-Joe-Cook/121216539132
- Email address: email@example.com
- Phone number: 815-302-4650
- Address: Not provided
Home Address: Channahon
Family: None listed
Education: University of Illinois Academy for Municipal Excellence
Various Construction Trade Certifications
Various Training Programs National League of Cities
Various Emergency Management Training
Occupation: Owner of Phase One Solutions Inc., business-to-business consulting agency
Political party affiliation, if any: (None provided)
Previous elected offices:
- Elected twice as Channahon village trustee
- Currently serving second term as Channahon village president
- Served six years as Channahon village trustee
- Currently Serving second term as president of the Will County Governmental League
- Currently Serving as 2nd Vice President of the Illinois Municipal League
- Member of Wescom Executive Board
- Chairman of AuxSable TIF Review Board
- Member of Illinois Terrorism Task Force Elected Officials Committee
- Member of Grundy County Economic Development Council Board
- Member Will County Center for Economic Development Board
- Immediate Past Chairman of the Chicago Metropolitan Mayor's Caucus
- Past Chairman of the Will County Stormwater Management Committee
- Past President of the Three Rivers Art Council
- Various other County and Regional Panels and Task Force
What is the primary reason you are running for this office?
I am running for Re-Election because I love Channahon and I want to continue to guide our community into being all it can be for our families. The residents of Channahon over the past eight years have seen the advances we can have when "Quality of Life" is our first priority. We still have work to do but we will never lose our focus on our families.
What will be your single most important priority if you get elected?
As I said our #1 priority will be to enhance our quality of life here in Channahon. To do that we will continue to focus on the I-55 Rt6 interchange. Due to lobbying efforts there currently is a $800k Phase II engineering study underway. We are currently seeking funding sources for construction. We will also continue to actively seek to bring quality economic development to Channahon providing tax relief and jobs to our residents.
What sets you apart from the other candidates, if contested?
The fact I can be seen in and around our community each and every day not just during election time. I always make myself available to talk and meet with residents day or night. People feel comfortable approaching me to ask questions or share their concerns. I attend our community event I can like picnics, memorials, and ribbon cuttings. I am willing to stand up to industries, other taxing bodies, and other Officials to protect Channahon Residents. I understand that I work for the residents not the other way around.
How long have you lived in Channahon?
I am a life long resident of Channahon, and I am proud to say my family has been a part of the Channahon community for 80 years.
What's your favorite thing about Channahon?
The residents make Channahon a great place to live, work, play, and do business. Long time and new residents, youth and seniors, individuals and families all continue to amaze me with how they embrace the community and each other through volunteerism and community involvement. It is without a doubt one of the most important factors in our great quality of life.
What is the biggest problem in Channanhon?
Our biggest challenges are the fact that we still have a lacking global and national economy. Regional unemployment still remains high. The State of Illinois is dysfunctional at best and can not be counted on as a partner in bring economic development or jobs to our community. We can overcome these issues by leveraging our relationships and by looking at innovative models for investment such as Public Private Partnerships.